This Communication and Public Outreach Unit provides the framework for a comprehensive Information, Education and Communication (IEC) programme to enable the Ghanaian public in general, and specific stakeholders, to own the Land Administration Project (LAP) and contribute to the attainment of its goals. The Project’s stakeholders and partners have been identified, and appropriate communication channels have been earmarked to reach them with information for expected results. It captures the objectives of the Project and focuses on the principal goal, which is to improve Ghana’s Land Administration and management in support of socio-economic development.
The Communication and Public Outreach Unit carries out sensitization, orientation, consultation and Public Education exercises aimed at;
- Improving the knowledge base of Stakeholders, change negative perceptions and attitudes towards the attainment of Project Objectives;
- Raising awareness and understanding of the Project throughout the period of implementation and Promoting LAP and its activities in a coherent manner;
- Improving Communication between LAP and Stakeholders and make it easy for the public to obtain information about the Project;
- Making LAP Communication and Media friendly with regular consultations with Stakeholders;
- Establishing links with Government, Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations;
- Communicating LAP and its activities efficiently to Stakeholders; and
- Complimenting and enhancing the Project’s Social Development, Gender and Monitoring and Evaluation.