Sub-component 1.1 of the project will provide support for:
- Completion and passage of the Land Use and Spatial Planning Bill
- Drafting and passage of the relevant legislative Instruments (LIs) in support of law
- Awareness creation on the Law and Implementing Regulations
- Dissemination of information concerning the law to affected stakeholders through : (a) easy to read and comprehend materials on land laws and administration for legal professionals and students; and (b) lay persons’ guides for non-legally trained administrators and civilian users of the laws.
- Training workshops for the judiciary, the Bar, traditional authorities, NGO’s, land owners, tenants, journalists, government officials and other stakeholders
- Support the formation and operationalization of the Land Use and Spatial Planning Authority (LUSPA)